The design and delivery of long-lasting and high-performance homes is to be discussed at Resilient Housing, a one-day conference in London.
A forthcoming conference, Resilient Housing – a collaboration between Modern Masonry, Brick Development Association, The Building Centre and The Concrete Centre – will be providing latest guidance and technical expertise to enable the design and delivery of long-lasting and high-performance homes.
This one-day event – free to attend for delegates – takes place on Tuesday 15th October 2019. It will address how our housing can be designed and delivered to responding to a number of issues including:
• Warming climate and overheating risk – the greater need to keep our buildings cool as well as warm
• Changing weather patterns and flood risk – the increased risk of flooding and storm events
• Changing demographics – different types of housing need to accommodate increasing elderly population and more urban living
• Energy availability and fuel poverty – the need to improve energy efficiency and achieve high thermal performance
• Sustainability credentials – including traceability of material supply, low carbon and recyclability
• Occupant safety and comfort – the importance of fire resistance, health and wellbeing, thermal comfort
The conference is supported by product, design and construction experts who will be sharing best practice guidance on the specification of concrete and masonry for housing.
Delegates will also hear about solutions that enable the delivery of energy efficient, fire resistant, flood resilient housing with expert speakers also covering health and wellbeing.
To view the full agenda and register for this event click here.