The UK’s best site managers have been honoured at the ‘Pride in the Job’ awards organised by NHBC.
Five house building Site Managers have been recognised for building homes of the highest standard, at NHBC’s Pride in the Job Awards 2015 gala final. They beat around 16,000 others to be named as the UK’s Supreme Winners during the black-tie event in London.
The Pride in the Job Awards are run by NHBC (National House-Building Council), the UK’s leading warranty provider and standards setter for new-build homes. The Awards recognise the talent and expertise of top site managers who oversee house-building projects from start to finish, driving up standards on site for the ultimate benefit of homewoners.
The winners of the competition’s five builder categories are the best site managers in the UK, working on projects registered for warranty with NHBC, which covers around 80 per cent of the new home insurance market.
The winners at this year’s event, hosted by comedian Kevin Bridges, are as follows:
- Kirk Raine of David Wilson Homes (Mercia) won the Large Builder category for his work at the Webbs Meadow development in Telford.
- Paul Dunnett of Berkeley Homes (South East London) was named the winner in the Multi-storey category for overseeing work at the Saffron Square site in Croydon.
- Steve Walker of CG Fry & Son took the title in the Medium Builder category for managing the North East Quadrant development in Dorchester.
- Michael Thomas of South Meadow Homes was the winner in the Small Builder category for the Gibba’s Way (Phase 3) site in Pembroke.
- David Barratt of DF Barratt Ltd won in the Single Home category for Ivy House in Darlington.
Mike Quinton, NHBC Chief Executive, said:
“NHBC’s mission is to ensure the highest construction quality in new-build homes across the UK and site managers play a pivotal role in making this happen. Our PIJ champions and runners up beat an incredible number of others to win the title, and they can justifiably claim to be among the best in the business, knowing that the homes they build are of the very highest quality.
“Pride in the Job has now been running for 35 years and our analysis shows that winning sites have higher levels of consumer satisfaction with fewer claims and defects, reinforcing the importance of the competition for both NHBC and the house-building industry.”
The runners-up are:
- George Carty (Large Builder category) – Bellway Homes (Scotland)
- Bob Strachan (Multi-storey category) – Quartermile Ventures
- Stuart Gillespie (Medium Builder category) – Mactaggart & Mickel Homes Ltd
- Giles Murphy (Small Builder category) – Giles Homes Ltd
- David Reed (Single Home category) – Richard Reed (Builders) Ltd