NHBC has launched a new series of five Technical Guidance updates for the NHBC Standards to help keep the industry informed of the latest developments.
The new guidance provides updates and advice on a range of topics, including:
- Water-proofing admixtures for concrete in below ground structures
- Lateral restraint at rafter and ceiling levels at wall steps and staggers
- Perimeter support to plasterboard ceilings clarification
- Reclaimed roof tiles and slates
- Proprietary retaining wall systems
Commenting on the new guidance, NHBC’s Head of Standards, Innovation and Research Richard Smith said: “These new updates will provide informative advice to help the sector apply and interpret specific and crucial parts of the NHBC Standards.
“We hope that the industry will find them a useful addition to our current range of products, training and technical information – particularly at this challenging time.”
The 2020 NHBC Standards came into effect for every new home registered with NHBC where foundations began on or after 1 January 2020.