Next year’s NHBC Building for tomorrow roadshows will focus on attracting young people into construction and new home quality.
Building for tomorrow is the annual series of seminars presenting the latest technical and regulatory updates in housebuilding, as well as sharing best practice gleaned from the 900,000+ site inspections the NHBC carries out each year.
Now in their 27th year, the 2018 roadshows will focus on future-proofing homebuilding skills, with a look at the Home Building Skills Partnership. There will also be talks from sector professionals on issues including Regulation & Standards as well as an update from the Department for Communities and Local Government on The Hackitt Review into building and fire safety regulations.
Commenting on next year’s agenda, Nick Cunningham, NHBC Regional Director for the South West Region, said: “With increasing housebuilding volumes, the pressure to maintain quality and consumer satisfaction grows for all of us in the sector, making Building for tomorrow 2018 the perfect event to hear about current and future challenges.
“Building for tomorrow is also the ideal platform to network with professionals from across the UK housebuilding sector and to showcase your latest products to industry leaders, homebuilders and housing associations.”
The full date and venue listings are as follows, with specially tailored agendas for London, Scotland and Northern Ireland:
- Tuesday, 27 February – South West – Taunton Racecourse
- Thursday, 1 March – Southern – Oxford Belfry
- Tuesday, 6 March – North East – York Racecourse
- Thursday, 8 March – Scotland – Westerwood Hotel, Cumbernauld
- Tuesday, 13 March – South East – Sandown Racecourse, Esher
- Thursday, 15 March – East – Newmarket Racecourse
- Tuesday, 20 March – North West – Haydock Racecourse, Merseyside
- Thursday, 22 March – West – National Motorcycle Museum, Solihull
- Tuesday, 17 April – Northern Ireland – Belfast, venue TBC
- Tuesday, 24 April – London – Central Hall, Westminster